1 tin condensed milk
3/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup double thick cream (I use the entire 250 ml Woolies tub)
170 g good-quality dark chocolate
¼ cup (25 g) Nomu or good-quality cocoa powder
2 tablespoons freshly-brewed espresso
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of fine sea salt
5 teaspoons mazeina
2 tablespoons cold water
- In a pot combine condensed milk, milk and cream and whisk until just starting to boil.
- Take off the heat and add the chocolate, cocoa powder, espresso, vanilla extract and salt.
- Whisk until the chocolate melts and the cocoa powder is completely dissolved.
- Mix mazeina and cold water in a bowl until completely dissolved, add to the ice cream base and place back on the heat, whisking until thickened.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then mix it to remove any skin and place in the fridge for a few hours to chill. Check if it needs another stir, then freeze it either in a air-tight container or individual containers.
- Ensure you have covered the ice cream well.